Building KOffice page out of date`

Dotan Cohen
The Build Koffice page seems very out of date:
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Building/Building_KOffice

For instance, the page mentions that the current release is 2.0.1. Is
the rest of the page still relevant? Have the build instructions
changed much? Will "sudo apt-get build-dep koffice-kde4" on the
*buntus and "zypper si -d koffice-devel" on Suse provide the needed
up-to-date packages?

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Re: Building KOffice page out of date`

Boudewijn Rempt-2
On Wednesday 23 June 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> The Build Koffice page seems very out of date:
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Building/Building_KOffice
>
> For instance, the page mentions that the current release is 2.0.1.

:-). Nobody will have noticed because actually few people do build stable
releases. Trunk is much more interesting.

> Is
> the rest of the page still relevant? Have the build instructions
> changed much? Will "sudo apt-get build-dep koffice-kde4" on the
> *buntus and "zypper si -d koffice-devel" on Suse provide the needed
> up-to-date packages?
>
> Thanks.

That should always work, provided the right experiment repositories or ppa's
are installed. I'm working on updating that page with notes from a number of
people who

On 23 June 2010 21:44, Boudewijn Rempt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> :-). Nobody will have noticed because actually few people do build stable
> releases. Trunk is much more interesting.

I see, thanks.

> That should always work, provided the right experiment repositories or ppa's
> are installed.

How would one know which PPAs to install? Shouldn't that be mentioned?

> I'm working on updating that page with notes from a number of
> people who

...have disappeared?

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 23 June 2010 21:44, Boudewijn Rempt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > :-). Nobody will have noticed because actually few people do build stable
> > releases. Trunk is much more interesting.
> >

> I see, thanks.
>

> > That should always work, provided the right experiment repositories or ppa's
> > are installed.
>
> How would one know which PPAs to install? Shouldn't that be mentioned?
>

> > I'm working on updating that page with notes from a number of
> > people who
> >

> ...have disappeared?

:-). Sorry, too many things at the same time. Who have tried the guide
and added their notes to it.

Boud