Buster problem?

lawquest

Yesterday, I updated my Debian Stretch system to Debian Buster. Everything went smoothly. Kmail 5.9.3 seems to still work just fine.

This afternoon I received an email, purportedly from the Washington Post, which I could not open. My filters had put in the the Spam Probable folder. When I tried to open it I got this error: "please wait while the message is transferred," though waiting doesn't help.

When I try to move this message to my inbox, kmail says:

"Unable to retrieve item from resource: [LRCONFLICT] Resource akonadi_maildir_resource_0 tries to modify item 231290 () (in collection 125) with dirty payload, aborting STORE."

I thought the problem might be corrected with the anti-spam filter, but I can no longer find the anti-spam wizard.

Any suggestions? So far just ignoring it seems to not hurt anything.

John White

Re: Buster problem?

lawquest

To some extent, this seems to be a Washington Post problem. I got another email from the Post today and had similar problems with it. Emails from other sources seem fine.

John

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:35:36 PM PDT John White wrote:

> Yesterday, I updated my Debian Stretch system to Debian Buster. Everything

> went smoothly. Kmail 5.9.3 seems to still work just fine.

> This afternoon I received an email, purportedly from the Washington Post,

> which I could not open. My filters had put in the the Spam Probable

> folder. When I tried to open it I got this error: "please wait while the

> message is transferred," though waiting doesn't help.

> When I try to move this message to my inbox, kmail says:

> "Unable to retrieve item from resource: [LRCONFLICT] Resource

> akonadi_maildir_resource_0 tries to modify item 231290 () (in collection

> 125) with dirty payload, aborting STORE."

> I thought the problem might be corrected with the anti-spam filter, but I

> can no longer find the anti-spam wizard.

> Any suggestions? So far just ignoring it seems to not hurt anything.

> John White

Re: Buster problem?

lawquest

On Monday, July 15, 2019 9:48:03 AM PDT John White wrote:

> To some extent, this seems to be a Washington Post problem. I got another

> email from the Post today and had similar problems with it. Emails from

> other sources seem fine.

> John

> On Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:35:36 PM PDT John White wrote:

> > Yesterday, I updated my Debian Stretch system to Debian Buster.

> > Everything

> > went smoothly. Kmail 5.9.3 seems to still work just fine.

> > This afternoon I received an email, purportedly from the Washington Post,

> > which I could not open. My filters had put in the the Spam Probable

> > folder. When I tried to open it I got this error: "please wait while the

> > message is transferred," though waiting doesn't help.

> > When I try to move this message to my inbox, kmail says:

> > "Unable to retrieve item from resource: [LRCONFLICT] Resource

> > akonadi_maildir_resource_0 tries to modify item 231290 () (in collection

> > 125) with dirty payload, aborting STORE."

> > I thought the problem might be corrected with the anti-spam filter, but I

> > can no longer find the anti-spam wizard.

> > Any suggestions? So far just ignoring it seems to not hurt anything.

> > John White

Following reboot,Kmail finds new new mail and then about 30 seconds later, finds old (about a week) emails and posts 7 or 8 of them as new, even though they were read a week ago.

Also, every once in a while, kmail shows an email unread which cannot be accessed (cannot be deleted or moved to trash or spam).

John

Re: Buster problem?

lawquest

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:13:14 AM PDT John White wrote:

> On Monday, July 15, 2019 9:48:03 AM PDT John White wrote:

> > To some extent, this seems to be a Washington Post problem. I got another

> > email from the Post today and had similar problems with it. Emails from

> > other sources seem fine.

> > John

> > On Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:35:36 PM PDT John White wrote:

> > > Yesterday, I updated my Debian Stretch system to Debian Buster.

> > > Everything

> > > went smoothly. Kmail 5.9.3 seems to still work just fine.

> > > This afternoon I received an email, purportedly from the Washington

> > > Post,

> > > which I could not open. My filters had put in the the Spam Probable

> > > folder. When I tried to open it I got this error: "please wait while

> > > the

> > > message is transferred," though waiting doesn't help.

> > > When I try to move this message to my inbox, kmail says:

> > > "Unable to retrieve item from resource: [LRCONFLICT] Resource

> > > akonadi_maildir_resource_0 tries to modify item 231290 () (in collection

> > > 125) with dirty payload, aborting STORE."

> > > I thought the problem might be corrected with the anti-spam filter, but

> > > can no longer find the anti-spam wizard.

> > > Any suggestions? So far just ignoring it seems to not hurt anything.

> > > John White

> Following reboot,Kmail finds new new mail and then about 30 seconds later,

> finds old (about a week) emails and posts 7 or 8 of them as new, even

> though they were read a week ago.

> Also, every once in a while, kmail shows an email unread which cannot be

> accessed (cannot be deleted or moved to trash or spam).

> John

Similar problem: i just created a pdf from lyx and then tried to send it via kmail. Kmail saw the lyx files but not the pdf. Kmail only saw the pdf when I ended the process and completely restarted kmail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

John