How is symbol visibility set in KF5 and KDE?

How is symbol visibility set in KF5 and KDE?

Shaheed Haque-2
Hi all,

I just realised that the Python binding effort is not setting the default visibility for symbols using the -fvisibility=xxx option when processing the header files [1]. Of course I can see the export macros set by the likes of attica_exports.h, but I don't see where the compiler default is set. Can somebody kindly point that out?

Thanks, Shaheed

[1] I'm also a bit mystified by the fact that I am deliberately querying CMake for the COMPILE_FLAGS to use, but I have not seen -fvisibility anywhere...