KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged vs value()

KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged vs value()

Tymek
Hi!
Just wanted to point that
signal KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged( double ) is always sent with
the value visible in the spinbox (so in current units)
and
the value() function returns value in pt (using KoUnit::fromUserValue).

This can be a bit confusing especially to someone new like me and it
took me quite some time to figure out what is going on.

I guess it won't be changed now, but maybe the authors can provide
signal KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChangedInPt( double ) and send it
whenever valueChange is emited.

This applies to KoUnitDoubleSpinComboBox as well.

Cheers
maju

Re: KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged vs value()

David Faure-6
On Sunday 30 October 2005 17:22, Tymoteusz Majewski wrote:

> Hi!
> Just wanted to point that
> signal KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged( double ) is always sent with
> the value visible in the spinbox (so in current units)
> and
> the value() function returns value in pt (using KoUnit::fromUserValue).
>
> This can be a bit confusing especially to someone new like me and it
> took me quite some time to figure out what is going on.
>
> I guess it won't be changed now, but maybe the authors can provide
> signal KoUnitDoubleSpinBox::valueChangedInPt( double ) and send it
> whenever valueChange is emited.
>
> This applies to KoUnitDoubleSpinComboBox as well.

IMHO valueChanged(double) should emit the value in pt.
The whole unit stuff should be as internal to the class as possible, the app only
cares about pt values.