Open password protected file

tien dh
Hi,
How can I open an office file that is password protected?
When I open a password protected file, KOffice shows a dialog with
error message: Could not open <file>, Reason: Document is password
protected.
Is there any way to solve this, please help me :)

Re: Open password protected file

Thomas Zander-7
On Monday 14 February 2011 04.31.35 tien dh wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I open an office file that is password protected?
> When I open a password protected file, KOffice shows a dialog with
> error message: Could not open <file>, Reason: Document is password
> protected.
> Is there any way to solve this, please help me :)

KOffice applications can open encrypted documents of the OpenDocument ormat
But some closed formats like MSOffice documents an encrypted file can not be read
because the decryption concept for those closed formats is not known to KOffice.

If you are trying to open an open document format file (extensions like odt or
odp or ods) that should be possible if the right libraries are installed. (qca)
If you are opening other fileformats then unfortunately koffice can't help you.

Hope that helps.
--
Thomas Zander

Re: Open password protected file

tien dh
Thank you, but there is still problem with Koffice althought I
installed qca library (qca2 & qca2-devel).
When I try to open an password protected odt file, a dialog appears as
attach image and nothing continues.
The error message is : Could not open <file>, Reason: Parsing error in
the main document at line 1, column 1, error occurred while parsing
element.
How can I overcome this ?

--
Do Huu Tien
Handphone No: 0972471786

errorDialog.png (9K) Download Attachment