Plan for reusable web site theme

Jumpei Ogawa (phanect)
Hi,

I'm considering to update theme for jp.kde.org.

jp.kde.org currently use Capacity.
Since Capacity is created 7+ years ago, it's a little bit hassle setting up local environment for debug comparing to modern tools.
As a replacement of Capacity, I was considering to create a theme for static site generator (e.g. Jekyll) based on new kde.org or neon.kde.org.

However, I read recent Ken Vermette's email and I noticed Ken is developing wordpress-aether based on new kde.org web site.

Will kde.org migrate to WordPress and use wordpress-aether?
Or will it keep to be something close to static HTML with some vanilla PHP code?

If kde.org will migrate to Wordpress, it is not good idea to create Aethor-based static site generator theme because I have to follow update of wordpress-aether.
I want to know kde.org's plan to decide my plan for jp.kde.org.

Best,
Jumpei

Re: Plan for reusable web site theme

Lydia Pintscher-5
On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Jumpei Ogawa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm considering to update theme for jp.kde.org.
>
> jp.kde.org currently use Capacity.
> Since Capacity is created 7+ years ago, it's a little bit hassle setting up
> local environment for debug comparing to modern tools.
> As a replacement of Capacity, I was considering to create a theme for static
> site generator (e.g. Jekyll) based on new kde.org or neon.kde.org.
>
> However, I read recent Ken Vermette's email and I noticed Ken is developing
> wordpress-aether based on new kde.org web site.
>
> Will kde.org migrate to WordPress and use wordpress-aether?

This is my understanding of the current plan, yes.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org

Re: Plan for reusable web site theme

Jumpei Ogawa (phanect)
Thank you Lydia.

OK, then I will reconsider if I will create a theme for a static site generator or migrate jp.kde.org WordPress.

Best,
Jumpei