Quantcast

Re: Slider for kdeedu

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi Jasem, good to hear from you. Unfortunately, I have nothing to do
with websites. I'm going to CC the kde-www team, and hope that whoever
can help will pick this up and help you with it.

KDE-Edu website when it did the overhaul was the *best*! I have the
feeling that having done an upgrade, it's been put on the back burner.
Keeping things fresh is a good idea though! And IMO our websites are
our "face to the world" and as such, we should put a higher priority
on them.

Just a thought -- if someone has the time to mentor, perhaps some web
work could be put on the ideas page for Season of KDE? We'll soon be
gathering ideas and preparing for that.

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Slider for kdeedu

Aleix Pol Gonzalez-2
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jasem, good to hear from you. Unfortunately, I have nothing to do
> with websites. I'm going to CC the kde-www team, and hope that whoever
> can help will pick this up and help you with it.
>
> KDE-Edu website when it did the overhaul was the *best*! I have the
> feeling that having done an upgrade, it's been put on the back burner.
> Keeping things fresh is a good idea though! And IMO our websites are
> our "face to the world" and as such, we should put a higher priority
> on them.
>
> Just a thought -- if someone has the time to mentor, perhaps some web
> work could be put on the ideas page for Season of KDE? We'll soon be
> gathering ideas and preparing for that.
>
> Valorie
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Jasem Mutlaq <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Valorie,
>>
>> I'm not really sure who to email, so please help me in this. I want to make
>> KStars front page more attractive so I want to add a slideshow to be like
>> here:
>>
>> http://unslider.com/
>>
>> or here:
>>
>> https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_slideshow.asp
>>
>> So this obviously requires some support from within kdeedu website they
>> share common components and I can't simply include Javascript/CSS/Jquery
>> directly now. So how to achieve this? Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Jasem Mutlaq
>>

> --
> http://about.me/valoriez

+1
That would be brilliant, kde edu website can use some love, as long as
we can align it with kde-www work overall. Waiting for our www-gurus
feedback. :)

Aleix

Re: Slider for kdeedu

Jasem Mutlaq
The website as already pointed out is _very_ important selling point for the software. It would be great if someone can help us at least achieve for now the simple "Feature Slideshow" functionality so we can show off the software features in a modern way. It would be great as well if it is mobile-friendly.