SQLite options

pim

SQLite options

pim
Hello.
I use ArchLinux and I have installed akonadi package version 19.04.
I want, after reading all the warnings, try Akonadi with a SQLite database.
I want to understand, is it possible to set PRAGMA options for SQLite,
for example, from the ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc configuration file?
I looked into akonadi source code, and in the
src/server/storage/dbconfigsqlite.cpp file, in the
DbConfigSqlite::setup() function I found a hard-coded database
initialization, but I'm not sure that this is not overlapped by the
possible options from ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc - I don’t
understand how C ++ code works.
Does anyone know how to set SQLite DB settings from the configuration file?

Thank.

Re: SQLite options

Erik Quaeghebeur
> I want, after reading all the warnings, try Akonadi with a SQLite database.

I use Akonadi with SQLite and it works better than it did with MySQL. My
impression is that the problems I still have are not database related, but
rather resource-related (DAV resource messes up syncing if you even as much
as look at it wrong).

> I want to understand, is it possible to set PRAGMA options for
> SQLite, for example, from the ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
> configuration file?

I think PRAGMAs are stored in the database itself and can be set once by
you there. (I do not know what you would want to change, however, and would
be careful, as you may invalidate developer assumptions.)

Success,

Erik
pim

Re: SQLite options

pim
>> I want to understand, is it possible to set PRAGMA options for SQLite,
>> for example, from the ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc configuration
>> file?
>
> I think PRAGMAs are stored in the database itself and can be set once by
> you there. (I do not know what you would want to change, however, and
> would be careful, as you may invalidate developer assumptions.)

It is well known that SQLite does not store settings in the database,
settings are set every time after opening the database.
With the defaults hardcoded in akonadi, SQLite is very slow (due to
synchronous mode, for example) and I want to compare different modes.