Submit your talk proposals for Akademy

Lydia Pintscher-5
Hey folks :)

Akademy is coming up in September. It's a great place to tell the KDE
community about all the important/interesting/funky/... work you've
been doing. The call for participation is open and we're looking
forward to your submissions. You can find all the information at
https://akademy.kde.org/2019/cfp The deadline is by the end of the
month.
If you have any questions or need someone to bounce off your talk idea
please let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you in Milan!

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org

Re: Submit your talk proposals for Akademy

Alberto EFG

Lydia Pintscher writes:

> Hey folks :)
>
> Akademy is coming up in September. It's a great place to tell the KDE
> community about all the important/interesting/funky/... work you've
> been doing. The call for participation is open and we're looking
> forward to your submissions. You can find all the information at
> https://akademy.kde.org/2019/cfp The deadline is by the end of the
> month.
> If you have any questions or need someone to bounce off your talk idea
> please let me know.
Hello, I need help with my ideas.

I am contributing to Krita and I am part of the Google Summer of Code.
I am also a lawyer studying a master of Law of IT.

I have two main ideas for how I could contribute to Akademy.

1. Recently in Krita has been some dialogue on how to handle the user
support, because there are the forums, ask.krita.org, the IRC channel,
but the users also ask for help on twitter, reddit, and some other ways,
and this is creating duplication of work that could be used for
development, specially because those who answer are usually the main
developers.
I offered to investigate different solutions that we could take to
handle this in a better way, and taking into account the limited
resources and time that the Krita team has.
Maybe the results of this investigation could be worth for the KDE
community?

2. My second idea is about helping KDE reaching lawyers, activists,
politicians, and journalists.

As a Lawyer in Mexico I would like to see a way to help the
situation here, right now Mexico is one of the deadliest countries
for journalists, usually being in the top three of the world. [1]
We also have a very bad situation for politicians, as in the last year
elections around 130 candidates or politicians were killed by the
organized crime. [2]

We also have the case of our government spying on journalists and
activists and lawyers. Some of which have already being killed. [3][4]

Basically the situation here doesn't let people feel really safe to
speak up or defend our human rights. Specially in the community where I live.
My idea would be about making sure KDE can have all the tools they need
to protect their privacy online, and being able to expose their
ideas. Without the fear of being targeted by malware. And how to reach
this people or organizations, so they are able to take advantage of all
the KDE tools has to offer.

This according to the KDE vision and goals of offering an environment to
protect privacy, as KDE software is user friendly, and very powerful.

I understand this idea might be a little vague. So any help would be
deeply appreciated.

Lastly, I am in Mexico and I don't have the economic means to fly to
Akademy, but I haven't requested for economic aid, because I don't know
exactly what my talk could be about.

Alberto.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_and_media_workers_killed_in_Mexico
[2] https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/27/americas/mexico-political-deaths-election-season-trnd/