a few newbie questions...

Ananth A
Hi,

is it possible to open password protected MS Excel files using KSpread ??  when i tried to open a protected excel document (using koffice 1.3.5), i got an error message and kspread promptly quit. i assumed it would at least give me the blank sheet which i had opened before.

also, are there any scripting examples available online?? the koffice website shows scripting support for kspread but im quite clueless as to how to start writing them... :(

and, is there any workaround by which i can get a working pivot table feature ??

thanks for your inputs!
Ananth

Re: a few newbie questions...

mecirt (Bugzilla)
Hi there !

On 11/10/05, Ananth A <[hidden email]> wrote:
> is it possible to open password protected MS Excel files using KSpread ??
> when i tried to open a protected excel document (using koffice 1.3.5), i got
> an error message and kspread promptly quit. i assumed it would at least give
> me the blank sheet which i had opened before.

Password-protected excel files can't currently be opened,
unfortunately, as they are also encrypted, and no one has implemented
the decryption yet.

> also, are there any scripting examples available online?? the koffice
> website shows scripting support for kspread but im quite clueless as to how
> to start writing them... :(

Hmm, well, there are integrated functions (like SUM and so), and then
there's DCOP interface, which could be used to accomplish many things,
but I think it requires some programming knowledge. There are plans
for some more straight-forward scripting, probably for 2.0.

> and, is there any workaround by which i can get a working pivot table
> feature ??

There's the GETPIVOTTABLE function, in the Database functions. It's
only partial, comparing to Excel, but maybe it'll be sufficient to
what you want ?

/ Tomas