Quantcast

extragear.kde.org shut down with redirects, next step: closing this mailinglist on June 11th 2016

extragear.kde.org shut down with redirects, next step: closing this mailinglist on June 11th 2016

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau-2
Hi,

finally the redirects for extragear.kde.org have been setup.
So extragear.kde.org is no more, but will forward to kde.org/applications in
general or to the respective app entries there, if existing.

Which brings us back to the initial email from Helio with subject "This list
and associated website will be ending in one week", whose content is still
valid:
Am Montag, 31. August 2015, 14:10:05 CEST schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:

> Hello everyone.
>
> This list made his job from years, but now is time to let it go and assume
> this is a thing from the past. As same the aged website.
>
> I'll like to ask everyone that used and uses this list and website for
> software announces, there's several other kde lists, but in general, Planet
> KDE is a welcome place to do this.
>
> This decision was made due the lack of proper reasoning answers, and first
> inquiry to remove it was more than year ago, so, enough time to see if we
> should keep or not, so the answer was not.

So, "in one week" would be June 11th 2016, which is the day for which I now
requested sysadmin to close this mailinglist [hidden email] :)

Cheers
Friedrich

Re: extragear.kde.org shut down with redirects, next step: closing this mailinglist on June 11th 2016

Elvis Angelaccio-3

> Hi,
>
> finally the redirects for extragear.kde.org have been setup.
> So extragear.kde.org is no more, but will forward to kde.org/applications in
> general or to the respective app entries there, if existing.
>
> Which brings us back to the initial email from Helio with subject "This list
> and associated website will be ending in one week", whose content is still
> valid:
> Am Montag, 31. August 2015, 14:10:05 CEST schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> This list made his job from years, but now is time to let it go and assume
>> this is a thing from the past. As same the aged website.
>>
>> I'll like to ask everyone that used and uses this list and website for
>> software announces, there's several other kde lists, but in general, Planet
>> KDE is a welcome place to do this.
>>
>> This decision was made due the lack of proper reasoning answers, and first
>> inquiry to remove it was more than year ago, so, enough time to see if we
>> should keep or not, so the answer was not.
>
> So, "in one week" would be June 11th 2016, which is the day for which I now
> requested sysadmin to close this mailinglist [hidden email] :)

Thanks for making this happen :)