kaudiocreator to unmaintained

Jonathan Riddell-3
I'd like to propose moving kaudiocreator to unmaintained

No commits since Mar 8 22:11:33 2017

No releases in KF5 time

Obsolete technology

Re: kaudiocreator to unmaintained

Luigi Toscano
On Tuesday, 14 May 2019 16:44:43 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'd like to propose moving kaudiocreator to unmaintained
>
> No commits since Mar 8 22:11:33 2017
>
> No releases in KF5 time
>
> Obsolete technology

Copying also the last maintainer.

--
Luigi

Re: kaudiocreator to unmaintained

Kevin Ottens
Hello,

On Tuesday, 14 May 2019 17:39:30 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:

> On Tuesday, 14 May 2019 16:44:43 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > I'd like to propose moving kaudiocreator to unmaintained
> >
> > No commits since Mar 8 22:11:33 2017
> >
> > No releases in KF5 time
> >
> > Obsolete technology
>
> Copying also the last maintainer.
In fact I have one local commit which I forgot to push... from Dec 2017. I
wanted to brush it up a bit and have it released again. Yes, I buy CDs and rip
them to mp3 or flac. Call me old school.

Regards.
--
Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net

On Monday, 20 May 2019 01:10:27 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Do you plan to push this commit.

Just done now.

> Will you make releases?

I'd like it to be part of KDE Applications. Unlike Zanshin I'd rather have
this one tied to the Applications release cycle. That being said, it's been
eons since I had anything in the regular applications collection. Could
someone refresh me on what it entails to "make release"? Back in the day it
was fairly transparent, if that's still so low on work I can easily say yes...
if not I'll have to evaluate.

Regards.

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 22:16:10 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I don't want to block on this, but given it seems relatively likely the
> "community" would be doing maintaince on this if it joins KDE Applications,
> I'd really welcome if this wouldn't depend on kdelibs4support.
>
> Has anyone attempted to port away from it?

Not yet, but definitely something I want to tackle soon-ish.

Regards.
--
Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net

Re: kaudiocreator to unmaintained

Bernd Steinhauser-2
On 22/05/19 13:39, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> On Tue, 21 May 2019 at 17:48, Kevin Ottens <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     > Will you make releases?
>
>     I'd like it to be part of KDE Applications. Unlike Zanshin I'd rather have
>     this one tied to the Applications release cycle. That being said, it's been
>     eons since I had anything in the regular applications collection. Could
>     someone refresh me on what it entails to "make release"? Back in the day it
>     was fairly transparent, if that's still so low on work I can easily say
>     yes...
>     if not I'll have to evaluate.
>

> Great, please work with Albert or whoever to get it into the KDE Applications
> bundle.
>
> One of the first issues I see is the screenshot needs updating, this can be
> done here
> https://cgit.kde.org/websites/product-screenshots.git/tree/README.md
> You may also want to update the metadata in the appstream .xml file, currently
> it generates this:
> http://apps.kde.org.uk/applications/unmaintained/org.kde.kaudiocreator
>
> Jonathan

Did you guys have a look at audex?
Last time I looked at both audex and kaudiocreator, I found the former to be in
a much better state.
That's also why I put in some effort to port it to kf5 (at the time neither of
the two was ported).

Right now the main issue with audex is that the cover fetching doesn't work
(since Google removed a related API), but apart from that it works very well.

Of course, if you – for whatever reason – prefer kaudiocreator, feel free to
continue with that one.
Just wanted to point out that audex exists as well. ;)

Cheers,
Bernd