Quantcast

[kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

[kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Ben Cooksley
Hi all,

As this mailing list appears to be disused, as indicated by the large
moderation queue, this list will be closed in 7 days if nobody
responds otherwise.

Please note that I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Stefan Teleman-2
Sad to see the list go away, but it's time to close this chapter.

It was a lot of fun.

--Stefan

-----

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

manishchaks (Bugzilla)
It really was!
Stefan - I remember building KDE on belenix with GCC and trying to wrap wrappers to make it compile with sun cc on S10. And the crazy amount of effort that you were putting in!

I'd personally like to thank you for taking up so much of the workload on yourself and for taking the project ahead.

Sad to see it go and I wish you all the best.

--Manish
'Monzie' on #kde-solaris

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.

Best,
Manish Chakravarty

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Ben Cooksley
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Stefan Teleman
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sad to see the list go away, but it's time to close this chapter.
>
> It was a lot of fun.

Please note that the only thing needed to keep the list alive is a
moderator to keep the queue cleaned.

> --Stefan

Thanks,
Ben

> -----
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:50 AM, Ben Cooksley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As this mailing list appears to be disused, as indicated by the large
>> moderation queue, this list will be closed in 7 days if nobody
>> responds otherwise.
>>
>> Please note that I am not subscribed to the list.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben Cooksley
>> KDE Sysadmin
>
> --
> Stefan Teleman
> KDE e.V.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Stefan Teleman-2
I used to be one of the moderators but I think the admin password I
had is no longer valid.

I can act as modetator again (yes, I'm having a hard time letting go
:-) if I can get admin privileges.

--Stefan

-----

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Ben Cooksley
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Stefan Teleman
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I used to be one of the moderators but I think the admin password I
> had is no longer valid.
>
> I can act as modetator again (yes, I'm having a hard time letting go
> :-) if I can get admin privileges.

I've now sent a new administrator password for the list to you.
Once the queue is cleaned this list can continue to live on.

> --Stefan

Thanks,
Ben

> -----
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM, Ben Cooksley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Stefan Teleman
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Sad to see the list go away, but it's time to close this chapter.
>>>
>>> It was a lot of fun.
>>
>> Please note that the only thing needed to keep the list alive is a
>> moderator to keep the queue cleaned.
>>

>>> --Stefan
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

>>> -----

>>> --
>>> Stefan Teleman
>>> KDE e.V.
>>> [hidden email]
>

> --
> Stefan Teleman
> KDE e.V.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

paulf-4

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Stefan Teleman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sad to see the list go away, but it's time to close this chapter.
> >
> > It was a lot of fun.
>
> Please note that the only thing needed to keep the list alive is a
> moderator to keep the queue cleaned.

Hi

What is the point of keeping the list open if there are no messages and nobody building/using KDE on Solaris?

In the eventuality of KDE on Solaris activity resuming, I assume that it would be possible to reanimate the list.

A+
Paul

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Dirk Gloede
Hallo,

Is there nobody who use KDE with the new Solaris Release
11.x?

In the last time I have many problems with open source
software to compile on Solaris. In the most case
the have no entrys for SPARC.

Bye

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 11:31, Ben Cooksley wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Stefan Teleman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I used to be one of the moderators but I think the admin password I
> > had is no longer valid.
> >
> > I can act as modetator again (yes, I'm having a hard time letting go
> > :-) if I can get admin privileges.
>
> I've now sent a new administrator password for the list to you.
> Once the queue is cleaned this list can continue to live on.
>

> > --Stefan
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> > -----
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM, Ben Cooksley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Please note that the only thing needed to keep the list alive is a
> >> moderator to keep the queue cleaned.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Ben

> > --
> > Stefan Teleman
> > KDE e.V.
> > [hidden email]

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Eva Brucherseifer-2

yeah... without much relevance of Solaris, there is no need for KDE on
Solaris.

As the initiator of this list, it was great to see how the a community around
KDE on Solaris started and moved on. After all it was my entry to the KDE
community. It was fun working for you. Especially Stefan did a great job!
Thank you!

Thanks for the great time and see you elsewhere!
Eva

Am Freitag, 12. September 2014, 11:33:52 schrieb [hidden email]:

> [...]

Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma

Dne 12.9.2014 11:34 <[hidden email]> napsal(a):

> [...]

A sad +1 here

I.m only aware of 1guy still running a 3year old build of KDE on his Solaris laptop.

The community is gone.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Stefan Teleman-2
I know of no-one building or running KDE on Solaris 11.x.

It would be completely pointless to build it on SPARC: there is no
hardware to run it on, and the number of people running Solaris 11.x
Intel is so small, I doubt anyone has even tried. I know I haven't.

--Stefan

-----

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Dirk Gloede
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Is there nobody who use KDE with the new Solaris Release
> 11.x?
>
> In the last time I have many problems with open source
> software to compile on Solaris. In the most case
> the have no entrys for SPARC.
>
> Bye
>
> On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 11:31, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Stefan Teleman
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I used to be one of the moderators but I think the admin password I
>> > had is no longer valid.
>> >
>> > I can act as modetator again (yes, I'm having a hard time letting go
>> > :-) if I can get admin privileges.
>>
>> I've now sent a new administrator password for the list to you.
>> Once the queue is cleaned this list can continue to live on.
>>

>> > --Stefan
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

>> > -----

>> > --
>> > Stefan Teleman
>> > KDE e.V.
>> > [hidden email]

Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.

Re: [kde-solaris] Notice of mailing list closure

Rainald Lampl
Am Freitag, 12. September 2014, 09:50:57 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> Hi all,
>
> As this mailing list appears to be disused, as indicated by the large
> moderation queue, this list will be closed in 7 days if nobody
> responds otherwise.

Sad to see this chapter closed. :(
I'm still running a self compiled KDE 3.xx on a sparc blade 1000.
:)

regards
rai