kde4 alternate Background

Martin Noeske
Hi!
Hopefully this is not the wrong list:
(But..) i have a question about color-schemes.
On KDE3 i had on my "kdeglobals"
a line like:

[General]
alternateBackground=32,32,32

this is because of eye-handicapness and a white/black color-scheme. But
now it does not work anymore. So my Colors alternate between black/white
ande white/white each line on some/most programs, like dolphin/konqueror
for instance. How and where do you can change the color propertie of the
earlier so called "alternate Background". As far as i knew on kde 3
there was no menu for changin. The only was was to edit the "kdeglobals"
. But now it does not work any more.
sorry for bothering, but surfing on the internet with this scheme is
near to torture ;-)
Kind regards
Martin

RE: kde4 alternate Background

Solomon Essuon-Bonney
Hi,
Sorry I stopped using kde for a while now so I couldnt actually help. i moved over to gnome. i hope you get some answers to your problem.

Solomon

> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 00:37:49 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: kde4 alternate Background
>
> Hi!
> Hopefully this is not the wrong list:
> (But..) i have a question about color-schemes.
> On KDE3 i had on my "kdeglobals"
> a line like:
>
> [General]
> alternateBackground=32,32,32
>
> this is because of eye-handicapness and a white/black color-scheme. But
> now it does not work anymore. So my Colors alternate between black/white
> ande white/white each line on some/most programs, like dolphin/konqueror
> for instance. How and where do you can change the color propertie of the
> earlier so called "alternate Background". As far as i knew on kde 3
> there was no menu for changin. The only was was to edit the "kdeglobals"
> . But now it does not work any more.
> sorry for bothering, but surfing on the internet with this scheme is
> near to torture ;-)
> Kind regards
> Martin

Re: kde4 alternate Background

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau-2
Hi Martin,

Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2008, um 00:37 Uhr, schrieb Martin Noeske:

> Hi!
> Hopefully this is not the wrong list:
> (But..) i have a question about color-schemes.
> On KDE3 i had on my "kdeglobals"
> a line like:
>
> [General]
> alternateBackground=32,32,32
>
> this is because of eye-handicapness and a white/black color-scheme. But
> now it does not work anymore. So my Colors alternate between black/white
> ande white/white each line on some/most programs, like dolphin/konqueror
> for instance. How and where do you can change the color propertie of the
> earlier so called "alternate Background". As far as i knew on kde 3
> there was no menu for changin. The only was was to edit the "kdeglobals"
> .. But now it does not work any more.

Yes, color settings changed a little, as it seems. For one the config key
changed to BackgroundAlternate*, for the other it is no longer set in the
group [General] but is set explicitly for several view categories, see the
groups [Colors:*].

What is even best: You can finally edit them via the color settings:
start systemsettings->Appearance->Colors->Tab "Colors"->Select "View" (where
Common Colors is default)-> edit "Alternate Background" in the list

And yes, this list is close to wrong. Better try mailinglist "kde"
(http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde) for this type of questions next
time, you might get more and better answers there :)

* guessed from
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/colors/kcolorscheme.cpp

Hope that helps
Friedrich