kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

Kristian Rink-8
Folks;

using kmail (Kubuntu 12.10 + current KDE 4.10 prereleases from the PPA), I
wonder whether there is a way to set up the kmail tray icon to only display
the count of messages new in the "favorite" folders? I'm running a googlemail
account with automated filters same as (in our company) an IMAP server with
many folders and server-sided filtering, but usually just keep the INBOXes in
my favorites as this is where stuff of importance arrives, these are the
folders for which I would like to be notified via tray icon whenever anything
"new" appears there. Is this possible, is there a configuration option for
that?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian
___________________________________________________
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

phanisvara das
On Friday 04 Jan 2013 09:19:25 Kristian Rink wrote:

> Folks;
>
> using kmail (Kubuntu 12.10 + current KDE 4.10 prereleases from the
> PPA), I wonder whether there is a way to set up the kmail tray
> icon to only display the count of messages new in the "favorite"
> folders? I'm running a googlemail account with automated filters
> same as (in our company) an IMAP server with many folders and
> server-sided filtering, but usually just keep the INBOXes in my
> favorites as this is where stuff of importance arrives, these are
> the folders for which I would like to be notified via tray icon
> whenever anything "new" appears there. Is this possible, is there
> a configuration option for that?

right-click on the folders in your folder list that you don't want to
be notified from, then un-tick the option "act on new messages in this
folder" (or similar). that should do it.

--
phani.
___________________________________________________
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

Kristian Rink-8
Hi there;

and first off, thanks loads for your response.

Am Freitag, 4. Januar 2013, 17:00:31 schrieb phanisvara:
> right-click on the folders in your folder list that you don't want to
> be notified from, then un-tick the option "act on new messages in this
> folder" (or similar). that should do it.

It actually does, so this is a way to go. :) At least, I understand this is
something that is "always on" by default and has to be manually disabled for
each folder on the list?

Can I set it up somehow to be exactly vice versa - disabled by default, only
enabled manually for those folders for which I want it?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian



___________________________________________________
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

phanisvara das
On Friday 04 Jan 2013 12:37:42 Kristian Rink wrote:
> Can I set it up somehow to be exactly vice versa - disabled by
> default, only  enabled manually for those folders for which I want
> it?

i don't think so, but you can check ~/.kde4/share/config/kmail2.rc if
there's such a setting defined.

--
phani.
___________________________________________________
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kmail tray icon: show count of new messages only in favorite folders?

nortexoid
In reply to this post by phanisvara das
phanisvara das wrote
On Friday 04 Jan 2013 09:19:25 Kristian Rink wrote:
> Folks;
>
> using kmail (Kubuntu 12.10 + current KDE 4.10 prereleases from the
> PPA), I wonder whether there is a way to set up the kmail tray
> icon to only display the count of messages new in the "favorite"
> folders? I'm running a googlemail account with automated filters
> same as (in our company) an IMAP server with many folders and
> server-sided filtering, but usually just keep the INBOXes in my
> favorites as this is where stuff of importance arrives, these are
> the folders for which I would like to be notified via tray icon
> whenever anything "new" appears there. Is this possible, is there
> a configuration option for that?

right-click on the folders in your folder list that you don't want to
be notified from, then un-tick the option "act on new messages in this
folder" (or similar). that should do it.
Genius! Thanks. This feature should be better documented and more easily discoverable by the user. Most people will have at least some folders whose new mail they don't care to be notified about (e.g. every gmail user, I'd guess).