shut down list?

Jonathan Riddell-3
kde-licensing list has always been very niche and with kde-community
we have a better place to discuss issues which will actually have an
audience.  So I suggest to shut this list down and have the few
discussions we have on licencing on kde-community.  Thoughts?

Jonathan

Re: shut down list?

David Faure-6
On lundi 31 juillet 2017 16:55:52 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> kde-licensing list has always been very niche and with kde-community
> we have a better place to discuss issues which will actually have an
> audience.  So I suggest to shut this list down and have the few
> discussions we have on licencing on kde-community.  Thoughts?

Makes sense to me.

--
David Faure, [hidden email], http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5

Re: shut down list?

Bugzilla from matija@suklje.name
Dne ponedeljek, 31. julij 2017 ob 16:55:52 CEST je Jonathan Riddell
napisal(a):
>  So I suggest to shut this list down and have the few
> discussions we have on licencing on kde-community.

I’m in general in favour both of this move and operating in the open more.

What I wonder though is whether one list is public and the other one private.
And if so, will some more tricky topics (e.g. breaches and violations) need to
be then escalated to the board list to be (initially) addressed away from the
public eye to avoid needless public repercussions?

My second concern is if kde-community is very active, would discussing
licensing questions there drown in the other discussions?

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: tel:+386-41-849-552
www: http://matija.suklje.name

Re: shut down list?

Boudewijn Rempt-2
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017, David Faure wrote:

> On lundi 31 juillet 2017 16:55:52 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > kde-licensing list has always been very niche and with kde-community
> > we have a better place to discuss issues which will actually have an
> > audience.  So I suggest to shut this list down and have the few
> > discussions we have on licencing on kde-community.  Thoughts?
>
> Makes sense to me.

To me, too.

Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org

Re: shut down list?

Ingo Klöcker
On Monday 31 July 2017 17:43:48 Matija Šuklje wrote:

> Dne ponedeljek, 31. julij 2017 ob 16:55:52 CEST je Jonathan Riddell
> napisal(a):
> >  So I suggest to shut this list down and have the few
> > discussions we have on licencing on kde-community.
>
> I’m in general in favour both of this move and operating in the open
> more.
>
> What I wonder though is whether one list is public and the other one
> private.
Both lists are public.

> And if so, will some more tricky topics (e.g. breaches and
> violations) need to be then escalated to the board list to be
> (initially) addressed away from the public eye to avoid needless
> public repercussions?

Yes, those more tricky topics are better escalated to the board.

> My second concern is if kde-community is very active, would discussing
> licensing questions there drown in the other discussions?

I'd say it's active, but not very active.

Some statistics for kde-community:
Q1 2017: 150 messages ([1])
Q2 2017: 64 messages ([2])
July 2017: 139 messages ([3])

Regards,
Ingo

[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q1/date.html
[2] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q2/date.html
[3] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q3/date.html

Dne ponedeljek, 31. julij 2017 ob 23:35:40 CEST je Ingo Klöcker napisal(a):
> > What I wonder though is whether one list is public and the other one
> > private.
>
> Both lists are public.

Ah, well, then there’s no problem there :)

I’d say Ingo’s e-mail answers my concerns.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: tel:+386-41-849-552